Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Trip To Virginia

Last weekend I took a trip to Norfolk, Virginia to visit my sister. She moved there from Portland earlier this year to work at the Navy hospital there. This was the first time I've seen her since February! My mom was already there (she traveled there a week earlier). We had a lot of fun and I thought I'd share some of the Instagram photos I took while I was there.

First off, we found a $5 store (I didnt even know those existed) and I loaded up on Lisa Frank Halloween stuff! We had lots of fun playing with all the pencils, eyeball erasers, and stickers.



We made curried pumpkin soup in a pumpkin!

And we took a walk through Teresa's neighborhood (before the Hurricane Sandy hit). We saw lots of spooky haunted houses...


We also stumbled upon a bird and wildlife preserve! I even found a few flowers still hanging on before winter.
These flowers are called White Wood Astors.
And these are Beauty Berries (love that name!)

Did I mention how much Teresa and I love Lisa Frank?


And lastly, on the night when we got hit the worst by the hurricane, we stayed home, watched movies and carved up some pumpkins.
This is what it looked like outside her front door on Monday morning (the day my mom and I were supposed to head home but our flight was cancelled).
Luckily, we made it home safe and sound the next day (Tuesday). Our flight was the second plane to leave the airport that day. What an adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks like you had a wonderful visit! I love having sister time. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails